'Use joint angles' in MoveJConfigBuilder missing?

Hi, I would like to create a MoveJ program node with ‘Use joint angles’ option, but can’t find a corresponding member in MoveJConfigBuilder class. Using API 1.12.

Is this not yet implemented in the SDK or should I use another interface?
Thanks
Csaba

Hi @csaba,

That is not possible with the current API. So you can make a feature request, or contribute with movej script.

Can you elaborate on you use case?

Ebbe

1 Like

Thanks for the information @Ebbe.
Use case is the following: Our URCap generates script code that controls the robot. However, we also create a MoveJ node at the top of the robot program, to make sure the AutoMove screen appears on every startup, and the operator has to drive the robot into the safe startup position manually by pressing “Move Robot Here”. Without this first MoveJ node the robot would just start from where it was left, which is an unpredictable behaviour. It would be good to have full control over the initial joint positions independent of the current TCP, but the feature is not critical at the moment.

Hi @csaba,

Thank you for the insight. I guess your option for now is limited to inserting a HomeNode (that was introduced in API version 1.13), and then let the end user configure the joint angles in the installation.

Ebbe

1 Like