UR5 not working properly after removing URCap

Hi all,

We are working on a UR5 CB3.0 robot. It hasn’t been used for two or three years so we are trying to get it worked again for an experiment.

So, we updated the robot software from 3.5 to 3.15 incrementally, according to the guidance in support center, and tested its moving and control via the teach pendant. Everything seems fine at first.

Then, we also tried to update the Robotiq gripper 2F-85 URCap (UCG-1.8.13 for Polyscope 3.15.3). We installed this latest version and rebooted the robot, but got stuck at the boot page, where the progress bar is 100% but can’t go into the welcome page. We think it may be caused by the incompatibility between the software, so we connected a keyboard and pressed ctrl+alt+f1 to log in as a root and deleted the files under .urcaps. This time after rebooting, we can go into the user interface. But the robot has no response to the clicking on the teaching pendant. We cannot use any function either. Below is the error information in the terminal by pressing ctrl+alt+f9.

The only solution I can think of now is to install new image. But I am curious about the cause of the errors. One possible reason is that I install 3.15.8 on CB3.0 and thus causes some internal error. Because I can see 3.15.8 image is only for CB3.1 and 3.15.4 is for CB3.0 in the support center. Shouldn’t I update to 3.15.8 if I reinstall the system?

I would also appreciate it if anyone can give me some suggestions on how to recover the system by not wiping the flashcard.

Best,
Yulei

Missing touch is usually related to the BIOS being reset (CMOS battery low on power). A new motherboard or a new battery and messing around with the BIOS settings should fix that.
How it’s related to your case I don’t know …

But you can retrieve programs and configuration files by mounting the system drive from the UR controller in your computer, so installing a new image shouldn’t be too destructive. :slight_smile:
This guide basically explains it all: https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/ur-support-site/99650/install-new-image-all-types.pdf

I think touch is still working since the cursor can move to the touched point. Probably the functions are not working normally so they don’t response to my touch…

And thanks for the guidance on installing new image!

Hi, I will try to back up the files of the robot. Since the robot is CB3.0 and I can’t use the user interface, I want to copy files to USB to back up. According to the PDF, the following files/folders should be backed up:

CB2/CB3 recommend data to backup:
programs - folder
.urcontrol – folder /enable hidden folders
flightreports folder - if not present just ignore (CB3 only)
.urpass.file - if not present just ignore
.ursafetypass.file - if not present just ignore (CB3 only)
histogram.propeties
log_history.txt
ur-serial

Could you explain a bit about what those files/folders contain so that I can decide what I need to back up. For my case, I don’t have any program, so I think the only necessary files are calibration ones and the ur-serial. Log files are not so necessary as far as I am concerned.

I didn’t catch the part about the cursor still working - definitely not a faulty BIOS then. :slight_smile:

It’s a software issue, as you’re saying yourself.

You must backup the .urcontrol folder (calibrations etc). Just skip any files that it complains about. And then histogram.propertis and ur-serial. Log and flightreports are a good idea, but not necessary as you point out yourself. :slight_smile: