Pause UR program

Hi all,

I am trying to pause the UR program and resume from the current program node if my URcap has met with any errors, similar to how UR reacts to protective stops or deviation of joints.

Any idea for me to do that? I have been trying to send pause command to dashboard server via socket embedded inside my URscript code. But it does not seem to be working well.

Thanks in advance!

Colin

If you want the user to know, that something went wrong, and prompt them, then you could also use the popup() script code, which awaits the user to click “Continue” or “Stop” before continuing in the process.

I have the same question, but I don’t want the user to be using the teach pendant.

This code pauses the robot, but how do I resume?

open_db=socket_open(“127.0.0.1”,29999,“dbsocket”)
send_db=socket_send_line(“pause”,“dbsocket”)

Could send “play\n” over the dashboard interface but you might need to be in remote control mode.

You don’t want them to be using the pendant, but it will be the user proactively resuming the program? Would a push button connected to a digital input configured to play the program be acceptable? This can be configured under the IO Setup menu of the installation tab.