Continue the execution of a paused script program (sent over port 30001)

Hi everyone,

I am sending a script program to a UR10e robot over TCP-IP port 30001 and the control box pauses the program (e.g. when a protective stop occurs). Is there a solution to continue program execution like with Polyscope?

Anyone an Idea? As I understand it, Polyscope communicates with the controller mainly through the script commands, so I think there might be a solution.

Hmm I think I’ve tried this before, as for Play/Pause/Stop you should be able to use Dashboard Server (Port 29999), however I don’t think you can close or ‘enable’ after a protective stop popup. I think it requires the operator to manually confirm there’s been a collision (or something else the robot doesn’t like) and close the popup on the pendant (then you can issue commands to robot).

I’m not 100% sure though, you might be able able to find a way to do it in the other client interfaces. Anyways, hope that helps and best of luck!

Hi, thanks for reply.

the problem with the Dashboard Server is, that it triggers the Play Button in Polyscope. The result is, that it does not continue the execution of the paused program, it try s to start the (empty) program created in Polyscope.

My plan is not to avoid interaction with the HMI completely, it s no problem to confirm a popup (it would be also possible by dashboard). The issue is, that i can only restart the program after a pause, instead of a simple continue. In the worst case I have to track the program execution and send a new generated program starting from the specific point.

hi @othermartin,

But can´t u write urself an INT-Tag to see at which position the Robot was once a protective stop occurs?
Cause then you could let the robot continue at the same point where it stopped?

Greetings from Luxembourg!