How to get my .urcontrol file?

Hi guys, I got a same problem with https://forum.universal-robots.com/t/how-to-backup-the-urcontrol-folder/5921?u=zhangtianwei,
I tried to update my UR5 polyscope from 3.10 to 3.15, but it cannot unpack the update file, so I moved the USB key to another port, after that the robot cannot reboot, it always says:

URcontrol is not existing, system shutting down.

So I guess I broke the .URcontrol file, how can I get it back, I didn’t make any backup.

Hello @zhangtianwei

have you taken a look at the this support article.
It explains the different steps you should follow on updating your robot.

How does changing the port addresses the issues with unpacking the update file?

sko

Dude, my Issue now is not updating the soft, is that My UR turns to be a stone now.
It falls into shutting down loop now.

If your robot will not boot at all you will have to create a new robot image, without a backup I suspect you are likely not able to restore the robot in its current state. If you tried to go from 3.10 straight to 3.15 there is a very good chance you have corrupted your robot and a new image will be the only solution. For a CB3 robot you must update polyscope 1 major version at a time, i.e. 3.10 → 3.11 → 3.12 etc. You can find instructions on flashing a new robot image here (you may be able to rescue your program files etc, instructions for this can also be found in the link)

1 Like

@sam.verity-hilton Hi,Sam, you are right, my robot was crashed when I try to update it from 3.10 to 3.11. I have 2 questions for you:

1. should I downloard the 3.15 image directly or make it back to 3.10 and update aftwards?
  2. I don’t have the original calibration file backups, I watched some github issues, which said if I make the new image, I will get an un-calibrated robot… and that guy said on the web that we may get the original calibration files from UR by sending my robot ser. No., is that true?

@zhangtianwei You can directly go for the 3.15 image.

You can post your Serial Number here or send it via a direct message and I will forward you your original calibration files.

hey @sko thank you so much for your kindly help!
my UR ser. No. is: 2019351151

Sent you the data via a PM