How to deavtivate/activate URCap?

Hi,

I am developing a URCap and I want to be able to set it as inactive instead of removing it, yet I can´t find any information on the forum or the support site on how to do this.

Thanks!

Hi @mcp,

currently it is not possible to deactivate a URCap natively through Polyscope.
You can add a functionality in your own URCap, like a Checkbox or Button, which stops any background process and script code generation as an alternative.

1 Like

Dear UR,

This would be a nice feature to be able to disable the URCap at the URCap loading page. I´ve experience several times that it takes long time to start the robot program when other URCaps are installed. Typically because other URcaps waits for connection to external equipment like a camera and these connection have to time-out before running our URCap script code in the installation node.

As for now you need to delete the URCap which are inconvenient because you sometimes doesn’t have access to a USB stick with the URCap you are deleting or you need to find it at some website. Deleting a URCap becomes even more dangerous if you are operating/demonstrating equipment at customers robots.

Can you give a status on this feature. Is it in the development pipeline?

Best regard
Thomas Sølund, Spin Robotics

1 Like