G-Code Outputs for M3?

Hi,

Im testing the new G-Code Cap. And everything works fine. But where can I set the M3 Output or is somewhere in a registry Output allready done? I can set an Output before the G-Code knode, that may work for a spindle but for dispensing ist not the best idea I think.

Ronny

M-codes are not currently supported by the Remote TCP & Toolpath URCap. You can find a list of supported G-codes in this article: Universal Robots - Remote TCP & Toolpath URCap FAQ.

If you want to trigger robot IOs while executing a toolpath move, you can add a thread in parallel to do so. You just need to set up some conditions to trigger IOs. This blog post contains an example program tree: Simplify Robot Programming with G-code - Universal Robots. Hope it helps.

2 Likes

Hi,

thanks for the help. I will try to solve it with a Thread. But I have a part that has multiple spots for dispensing so I have to run and stop in between the gcode path my Dispenser.

Ronny

Having multiple spots for dispensing is challenging. Other than setting up a Thread, another workaround is to break your G-code file into several chunks. I agree supporting M-code will be the most ideal solution.

1 Like

Maybe just for the M3 to set an output and a way to wait for an input too. Like: iā€™m driven to here, start Dispenser, wait till input is set ON, stop Dispenser, drive further.(and the G04 for waiting a specific amount of time would be nice)

Ronny