224 Registers in PolyScope, 480 Registers in Studio 5000

Hi,

Let me preface that I’m a bit new to UR and PLC programming. I have been able to program many things with the PLC, but I have a strange issue with the Universal Robot. The EDS file I installed from the UR website tells the PLC that there are 480 registers for inputs and 224 registers for outputs (from the perspective of the PLC). The UR only has 224 registers for both. I was wondering why this is the case, and how to find where the registers are mapped to for both systems? I found that the UR’s boolean output was mapped to the PLC’s input register 280, which is strange. But I really can’t find where the UR’s inputs are mapped to. For reference, I am using an Allen-Bradely 5380ERM PLC and the UR10e.

Thank you!

I would like to know more about this too.

The registers like floats and DINTs are series of 4 byte registers. So one GP_INT_REGISTER on the UR robot is going to take up 4 registers on the PLC. Here’s a screenshot of the inputs so you can see what I’m talking about:

You can see the entire mapping here: https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/ur-support-site/18712/eip-iomessage.pdf

2 Likes

Thank you a ton! Great, concise explanation.