URCap control with UR-RTDE

Hi,
I’m controlling my UR10e robot via UR-RTDE(with external control) with a 2ms cycle from my PC.
And I want to use UR-RTDE to control tools connected to the tool port of UR10e (end-effector).
I have already created URCap software that can be controlled with the UR teach pendant.

I tried controlling my tool through the “sendCustomScript” function provided by ur-rtde.
However, it failed to control my tool while simultaneously controlling the robot in real-time with a 2ms cycle.
I think it can not be used both at once. Or maybe I’m using that function wrong.

To summarize, what I want is a way to simultaneously control the URCap (which I created) via UR-RTDE, along with the robot and my tool attached to the end of the robot.
(After looking up the information, it seems that variables such as output_double_register_X can be used.)

Thank you.

there is no functionality to send script commands over rtde. see here: Real-Time Data Exchange (RTDE) Guide - 22229

it sort of sounds like you are using a 3rd party package. are you using ur-rtde pip package? that is from this project: Universal Robots RTDE C++ Interface — ur_rtde 1.5.7 documentation

it uses the realtime client on port 30003 to send scripts, not rtde over port 29999.

the robot must be in remote mode in order to execute scripts over the realtime interface

this might be helpful: sendCustomScript() disconnects with UR Cap (#100) · Issues · SDU Robotics / ur_rtde · GitLab