URCap and set rudev rules file

I would like to know if it’s possible to add a .rules file in /etc/udev/rules.d during the installation of a URCap. I’m thinking to use a .sh file to do ite, but I don’t know how I can execute it during the URCap installation.

Adding this file in the robot controller could generate some problems (for example, the warranty will not be no longer valid)?

Thank you in advance.

What is the application that requires such a file?

The application needs to check the license in a USB dongle.

Interesting. We have implemented some dongle secutiry into some of our URCap and never needed this funcitonality, though I suppose every manufacturer implements licensing in a different way. I beleive we used a Java thread to talk to a daemon which monitored the precense of a dongle.

You should be able to add files to the robots file system from within a URCap, or copy the file into the URCap’s resources filder and use it from there.

We would like to implement the license check in a c++ deamon. We tried to test the code in the ursim, but the virtual machine cannot detect the USB dongle. The support service of the dongle told us that we need to add their udev file in the path /etc/udev.
Do you think the robot controller doesn’t need this file?

And could you give me more information about your solution?

I’m afraid I can’t say any more about our solution. Regarding URSim not detecting the dongle, have you made sure the virtual machine has control of the USB dongle? It would be worth testing to see if a real robot can detect the USB stick, as there are differences in how USB sticks are handled between the virtual machine and a real robot.