UR5e Polyscope Update Issue

We had a UR5e robot with Polyscope version 5.12, and I attempted to update it incrementally to version 5.5 following the instructions provided on your website. However, when attempting to update to version 5.5, I encountered a black screen and could not boot the controller.

After researching further, I learned that I needed to make the SD card of the robot controller bootable and install the Polyscope image using the Rufus app. I followed those steps, but now I’m facing a new issue. When starting the robot, a screen prompts me to enter the serial number of the controller and the type of robot. After providing this information, the robot still doesn’t start and displays an error message stating that there is no controller.

I have attempted to create bootable SD cards with different versions, but the problem persists. I am concerned that I may have lost some important files during the formatting process, as I was not able to access or backup any specific robot custom files.

I followed the instructions provided on your website for making the image file and acknowledged the message stating that four partitions would be formatted when making the boot sd card. The instruction was written that it is fine to format, and I should press ok.

Could anyone please provide guidance and support to resolve this issue?

Well. :slight_smile: 5.12 is almost the latest version, so that’s where it went wrong. 5.5 should be seen as 5.05 and not 5.50.

The latest URe version is 5.13.

Anywho. Are you getting mentioned behaviour when putting 5.2-5.5 images on the SD card? Have you tried with 5.12 again?

EDIT: You should also be able to put the latest 5.13 directly onto the SD card, and it should work.

Thanks for your response. I solved it. Just 5.11.11 works for me. I still don’t know why other versions not working because it’s a full image of them. Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

That’s most likely because UR changed some hardware when there was a shortage recently. You won’t be able to use older software versions due to this. :slight_smile: