UR10 Igus 7th axis not moving to designated position

Hi,

I have my UR10 on a 7th horizontal axis (igus). In the program, the robot must move to the designated position on the track (7th axis) and then carry out some tasks and then move along the assembly line and carry out further tasks. However, I have realized that the robot doesn’t move all the way into position on the track before carrying out all the tasks later. I have to manually move the robot from the pendant into position.

Is there a way to ensure that the robot is in the right position along the 7th axis before carrying on with the rest of the program. And why is it that sometimes the Robot doesn’t move all the way?

Thanks in advance,
H

I dont know anything about adding a 7th axis, but perhaps just a sensor on the axis connected to one of the inputs of the cobot that has to be triggered before the program can run would help in this situation.

This would be a question that is better suited to Igus support. Assuming you are using a URCap that has been developed by them, without that or a program theres little we will be able to suggest I’m afraid. I would suggest getting in touch with the supplier of the igus kit and seeing what assistnace they can offer. There may be a setting that hasn’t been configured correctly, or there may by an issue with hardware, or a bug in software somewhere.

You may be able to get a readout in URScript or similar to tell you the current position of the 7th axis, and use this to determine if the axis has reached the desired position?

Thanks for your reply, yes I am using a URCap ‘Trulifter’, I will try and get in touch with the igus support and resolve the issue that way. the robot should know where it is along the track so there might be a bug or wrong configuration somewhere.

Thanks

It is a URCap, so I believe there are already sensors so the robot knows where it is on the track

Just as a side note, is there a way to add a command in the program so the robot checks that the previous step is completed before executing the next step?