UR5 7th axis supplier

Hello,

I will like to purchase the 7th linear axis for UR5, a track axis. I will need something ready for connection and easy to integrate.

With URcap so I can control it via the teach pendant, safety option (I will use safety scanners), length 4-5m.

I will configure it with the supplier but it is important to have a good URCap and easy to use it.

Has someone worked with something similar and could please help me with a supplier’s name or model?

Thank you!

Start with the UR+ page.

https://www.universal-robots.com/plus/products/?filters[]=119182

I have seen but no used the Festo system and a one by IGUS.
I have created several future concepts using the Vention.io design system

HI Casian

While I do not have any experience with the URCap, the physical rails from HIWIN Are of a very high quality and comes with a strong recommendation from me.

Some things to note is that I have seen very few rails / 7 axis been designed specifically for a collaborative work environment. meaning that they do not have any way of setting a max speed and do not react to increased resistance in the rail and therefor do not stop when anything is hit.
depending on the rules of you local government, some of these rails might therefore need additional safety precaution.

Best Regards

Hello,
Thank you for your answers.
I agree that Festo and HIWIN have high quality systems. I will try to contact the local supplier and ask more details about URcap and safety option.
I will also check on websites for commissioning documentation. I’ve seen some short videos on Youtube about Igus and Festo Urcaps but aren’t enough to decide.
Have a good day,
Casian

+1 on Nutai Automations MAD Controllers using Festo Systems.

Hi
here is a link to a HOW-TO-VIDEO explaining: Controlling a Festo 7th linear axis with a UR robot.