Simulator, XML-RPC error

When trying to use the simulator to open/modify the backup of my robot, I get the following error any & every time I try to run the program.

Most times If i just close the error, and hit play the simulation will run but sometimes it is just a continuous loop of error - play

What does this error really mean and what can i do to fix it?

Your description is pretty vague, is this a VM? What OS and Polyscope version is it?
Some extra stuff you can do to narrow down the issue:

1. Is the XML-RPC Server running from the same machine or from the host OS?
  2. Can you reach the server IP with the ping command from the VM where your simulation is running?
  3. Can you reach the client IP with the ping command from the server machine?
  4. Add a dummy function to server that prints a “hello world” or returns a true, so the client calls it like server.hello().
  5. Write a client script outside of Polyscope on your simulation VM (just a Python or C++ script), can it connect to the server and execute server.hello() successfully? Can you see the client request from your server side?

My point is, make sure first the you don’t have a connectivity issue.

This is the standard VM image provided for simulation running in VirtualBox on a win10 host.

I have no idea what XML-RPC server is or should be running or not, i’ve never had anything running on the hostOS in the past.

Do you have any URCaps installed on your robot? The URCap may be making an XML-RPC call to something that doesn’t exist in the simulator environment.

For example, Robotiq Palletizer programs do this in the simulator.

Well, then that’s the issue: it seems that you don’t have an XML-RPC server running. As said on another comment, this server might come from a URCap, that might be missing.
In my experience, if you don’t have a URCap installed, you would get an error message that won’t let you start the program, so I think it is that your URCap is not properly installed in the simulation environment, that it cannot launch the XML-RPC server properly, maybe the URSim Polyscope is missing some root permissions to have parallel processes running.

And if you have this in a real robot without a URCap and it is not expected to install one, you need to ask for the server to your provider.

So my robot backup file does have the URcap for ForceCopilot installed.
I dont have a license key installed on my simulator, so i assumed that URCAP was disabled by the system. And I have removed all calls to that URCAP in my program.

What is strange though, this issue only recently started happening on my simulator but I’ve been working with this backup for months now.

What is extra strange… I started back with a blank slate simulator default install, and still get the error message when I hit play from start, but then it never comes back again.

I have noticed that when it fails to call an XML-RPC server after some tries, it just gives up and keeps going. Do you need a license to install your URCap? The ones that we have at our robots don’t need one. But I have noticed from other users that URCaps that launch an XML-RPC server might encounter issues on the URSim environment, like the example of MyDaemonSwing.

You dont need a license for all URCAP in general, but the robotiq options are purchased and come with a license USB drive that must be installed in the robot to run