Rpc_factory does nothing

I am trying to reproduce the python program from the XML-RPC example: XML-RPC communication - 16326 . It uses rpc_factory and gives it to a variable. When I do this as wel, the variable is not saved. The program gets stuck at te camera.get_pose() function and when I then look at the variables camera is not there. This makes me think the function has not correctly executed. I read similar problems which said that you should download a URCap, but I cannot find where you would download that.

The example for me ran well with the Python script. Some things you can try:

• What have you setup in your Camera/robot? Is it the same IP address as on the example?
  • If you are running the camera script with the same IP address, it has to be executed within the same machine as the robot, because it is a local only address.
  • If you are running a real robot and the camera script somewhere else, you need to change on both the UR program and the camera script the IP address, to the one where the camera script is running.
  • Review the port number, because it might be overlapping with an existing URCap. If you want to change it, update it both the robot and the camera.

I changed the IP address and I can ping to the robot. So I don’t think this is the problem.

Did you have to install a seperate URCap to be able to do this?

No, I didn’t have an additional URCap.
Have you tried all the points from my previous message?
Can you launch the XML-RPC server example? To what IP address does it bind?
Could you also try to have a script for an XML-RPC client and try to connect to the server?

For those having the same problem: The solution ended up being to first add the IP address of the server to the SimpleXMLRPCServer command. Then, second, was my firewall that was blocking the communication.