Setting any digital input via URScript

Hello! I need a way to set a digital INPUT via URScript or another method accessible via the teaching pendant. The set function only allows you to set outputs.

This is not how they’re supposed to be used, but long story short, I’d like one program to instantaneously signal another program to start. The scenario is that a third-party tool allows configurable buttons to be held down to run programs, however as soon as you let go of the button the program will stop. We need these buttons to toggle our programs to run instead. The solution I came up with is that we map the configurable button to a program that toggles digital inputs, and we set those digital inputs to the Start Program Action within the I/O Installation tab. If you’ve got alternative solutions to this problem without involving any additional accessories I’d also love to hear them!

I’m not sure I completely understand your idea, but a way to do it is to simply connect a digital output to a digital input electrically (with a wire). :slight_smile: And then, of course, setting the digital output will be reflected in the digital input.
I don’t know of a way to simulate a digital input.

With setting the robot on Simulation, you can set the digital inputs, isn’t that enough?

Thank you for the suggestion, it was silly of me not to immediately do that :sweat_smile:! The idea is indeed convoluted, but it is the only way I’ve been able to think of to make these buttons act as On/Off switches instead of requiring our users to hold down the button the entire time they want the program to run.

This could work, but on my machine only the outputs are able to be turned on and off within this screen.I’m working with a UR10e if that helps. The input boxes seem to only act as indicators. Is there a setting you changed elsewhere to allow you to modify these within this interface?

Looks like this is only possible within simulation mode, which seems to disable the real inputs I’m sending!

I assume you’re talking about the physical, external buttons here, right? :slight_smile: If you want to “hold down” the physical button, there’s also the option of using a selector switch?

EDIT: You won’t be able to run the program in simulation mode, since the physical robot and IO will be disabled, yeah.

if you hard wire an input to your start button and put a wait for input in the bottom of your program, the program will restart every time you push the button, if it has run a cycle.