Robot registration licence issue

Hi,

I’m having an issue trying to activate the licence on a UR10. I’d like to do so, so that I can use the Remote TCP and Toolpath URCap.

I have registered the robot on Universal Robots - Activate, downloaded the licence, and then put it into the UR teach pendant. When I tried to activate, I got the issue in the attached picture “Registration file is invalid: Robot failed to register. The serial number in the selected file doesn’t match this robot”

I’ve double checked the serial number and it’s correct. I think it may have been registered before and our team has lost the original licence; maybe it’s not allowed to re-register?

Does anyone know how to sort this issue, or know of another way to activate the Remote TCP and Toolpath URCap?

Thanks

Have you checked what serial number is set up in Polyscope and not just the physical sticker? :slight_smile: Could be it has been reset earlier, and the serial number has not been restored correct.

1 Like

That’s it, thanks! The sticker on the controller and robot has the same serial number, but this was different from the serial number on Polyscope.

I would consider fixing the serial number before doing anything else. You might get some issues with service later on. :slight_smile:

It can be done by editing the file “ur-serial” in the root folder by establishing an FTP connection to the robot.

Thanks, will give it a go