Remote Control, URCap and I/0

Hello, I am currently working on a project that requires remote control, as the Teach Pendant is innaccesible, and I have a couple of questions.

With a selector switch I can provide the 12 V for Remote Mode On or Off but,

Are there any issues with the 24 V inputs? Do the analog inputs continue to operate within the range of 0 to 10 V or 4 to 20 mA? Can URCaps be used in remote mode? How can I ensure that the robot is ready to move and doesn’t remain in IDLE?

Thanks,
Toni

All signals, URCaps etc. still work in Remote mode. It will be the same as in local, except the robot has to be started externally.

I would advise you to have a PLC connected to the robot (Siemens preferably). The PLC can check the current status of the robot, remove protective stops, turn on/off the robot, start the program, if the robot is idling and so on. :slight_smile:

Thanks @efn. This is what I wanted to know.

I don’t use a PLC but I’ll see how I can check the status.

Best regards,
Toni

Can you please provide an example of using a URCap in Remote mode? I am only able to send URScript commands to the robot that are built-in to Universal Robotics. For example, I cannot include a command like rq_reset(1) from the Robotiq_Grippers URCap when sending a URScript program to my UR3e.

All I’m saying it that URCaps will run in Remote Mode, as well. :slight_smile: If you’ve written a program on the robot, which includes a tool with a URCap for instance, it will run just fine in all modes.

Ah I see. I wrote a program which used UR caps, and then used a ros2 service call to load and run the program on the teach pendent. Thanks!