Recovering Features

I must have deleted some of the Features when I was cleaning out a folder because they are now gone. I tried to load an older program file that I downloaded from the Beacon app but they are still not showing up. Are the features located in installation files?? or somewhere else. I am feeling a little lost on how the programs and installation files are handled in folders.

Personally I think the file management is one of the most lacking functions of the UR. Which is a shame because it is interacted with a lot by users. I’ve been screwed countless times by things saving over themselves, not saving what I needed, missing a certain file when I transfer stuff over, etc.

Yes, Features are stored in the Installation. It might be under the “installation.variables” file, which you only see if you choose to “show all files” in the dropdown at the bottom right of the Open Program window. While the robot saves some backups of program (.urp) files (you can see these in the pendent with [filename].oldX), it does NOT do the same for Installations. Which means if you accidentally deleted an installation, or modified it and saved over it, it’s gone. Had a customer call about exactly this. They somehow accidentally saved a new installation over their original one and lost all their TCP data and Features.

Thank you for this information; at least I know not to keep chasing my tail on this one.
Kind Regards,
Steven Cannaert