G-code files not loading from usb stick

We have a UR10e, and I just updated to the latest Polyscope 5.12.4. I am having difficulty getting g-code .nc files to load consistently from usb stick. This problem has been occurring for many months now, but seems to be getting worse. I am in the Remote TCP & Toolpath/Toolpath tab in the Installation folder. Sometimes it takes a dozen or more attempts of plugging in and unplugging the usb stick to get the control to populate the root directory of the usb. I touch the “Load from USB” button which doesn’t seem to help. I have tried several different usb sticks. None of this seems to help the random nature of trying to upload files. Am I doing something incorrectly, or is there a special format the usb sticks need to function more consistently?

Also, is there a size limit to the .nc files that can load into the control? I have run large programs before, but not sure if there is a limit. I have been trying today to load a 2.9 mb file, which seems to have loaded, but will not execute. When I run the program, it looks like the control is attempting to read the file, but then faults out, with a message of “Invalid program”, and then “Stop the program” or “Continue” (I know that the g-code is clean). Neither option helps; several times now, the control has just rebooted without warning.

Any help with this ongoing issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Have you tried with different brands of usb sticks?
We know that some USB sticks are worse than others, however there is no simple test.

Yes, thank you, at least 3 different ones. There must be something funny going on because after I load a file into the UR from a thumb drive, when I put it back into my laptop, Windows tells me there is a problem with the drive and wants to repair it…not sure what is going on. Sometimes I run the repair, and other times not. It doesn’t seem to make a difference.

I think I’ve seen this issue before, I think it’s a problem with the Gcode interpreter of the UR robot, check your Gcode for any commands that the UR remote TCP control can’t perform I think there is a webpage on UR’s website somewhere with the commands it can and can’t perform.

Also, you need the line numbers at the start of each line. It’s very finicky and needs almost the exact format of the example code provided on UR’s webpage. I ended up making a post processor to cleanup the gcode file so I could transition it to the robot better. Unfortunately I can’t share this, but best of luck and I hope UR keeps updating the remote tool path control (I want to go straight from *.gcode to robot)

I have had similar problems with some usbs , so now i load all programs through FTP protocole using FileZilla.

Check this topic if you want to give it a try:

Note: make sure that you load the programs in the programs folder .