Download G-code from controller to thumb drive?

We have a UR10e and all of our programs utilize Remote TCP Toolpaths. It’s straight forward to upload .nc programs from thumb drive to controller, but I don’t see a way to download a .nc program from the controller back to the thumb drive. Can this be done? Thanks!

I don’t think it can be done from the interface to a USB thumb drive.
But you can connect to the robot with FTP software from your computer and get access to the file system. This should allow you to locate the files and save them on your computer.
I’m not sure where they are located either, though. :slight_smile:

Something else that would be very useful would be the ability to edit ,nc programs right in the controller, especially for easy things like adjusting feed rates, or Z lift for clearance, etc. Is there a “suggestion box” at UR someplace where the development team could consider adding features to PolyScope? Thanks for your help.

There is actually a text editor, now that you mention it.

If you hold your finger on the Run tab icon for 3 seconds, you will be prompted with a password. Password is lightbot.
Then you will have a text editor. I have not tested .nc files, but it might work if you give it a shot. :slight_smile:
There’s actually also the option to Save As to a new file location, where you might be able to save the .nc file to a USB thumb drive. It’s worth a shot.

Thank you! The editor works great. You described the process exactly as it works. It’s possible to scroll through all of the files in the controller, including the .nc files, and edit. Also the Save As tab allows saving to the USB_0 thumb drive that is mounted through the usb port. Excellent!

That’s great! And definitely good to know. :slight_smile: