Emergency Stop Reset

Does anyone know if it is possible to reset an emergency stop event using a reset push button or programmatically? Thanks in advance.

You can do it through the dashboard server by sending “close safety popup” then “power on” then “brake release” to port 29999.

https://www.universal-robots.com/how-tos-and-faqs/how-to/ur-how-tos/dashboard-server-port-29999-15690/

Obviously this should be approached with caution as if the situation is really an “emergency” then the system should not automatically reset without someone checking it over.

If it’s not really an emergency situation and is expected to happen regularly, then the safeguard stop should be used instead. This is much more straightforward to reset.

2 Likes

Hi,

recently our UR 10 robot cannot be switched on as it says, “release the emergency stop” (picture below) even though all the external emergency buttons are reset. Even, i have followed the Dashboard server alternative. Is there any other alternative to try? Suggestions are really appreciated.

!

Hey Iniyan, i have the same problem! Did you find a workaround?

are all your e-stop inputs on your I/O board jumpered? if not, that is like saying there is an e-stop pressed external to the one on the teach pendant.

Hi dbarton, thank you very much for your reply!

I am a very noobie, i have tried all possible workarounds and tests in the last three weeks. All wires are jumpered correctly, I connect the robot to the robot control system, but I still get a system emergeny stop. It seems that the robot is still turned off even when i connect it with the control system. I don’t know if the robot is not working for some technical reasons or if I missed a step when starting the robot. I start the robot and get the error message you see in the first picture. On the second picture you can see that the startup screen shows “Power on the robot first” although the robot is correctly connected to the control system.

Assuming the jumpers are wired correctly (see figure 3), I think the problem is perhaps the cable connector (last figure). Can you see anything wrong with the cable or do you know if cable damage occurs often with this type of robot?

Thanks in advance with your help!

The cable has nothing to do with e-stop input. Go into your safety io section of installation file and make sure there are no inputs set to e-stop

The picture of the I/O blocks do show a configurable input is populated, check your installation files to see what that input is setup as.

Thank you very much @dbarton and @WattsUp! In the installation files config_in and config_out [0] [1] were for some strange reason stopped. So I release the emergency stop and now the cobot works again! Thanks!

1 Like

I have same problem with UR10, please can you describe me how to solve this problem, so what are the installation files config_in and config_out [0][1] ?

As @dbarton suggested me, I checked the safety I/O section and i found that some inputs were set to e-stop. In this case you need to access the robot as admin in order to release the e-stop.

OK, you mean the safety configuration should be like this:

I did this step, but still problem not solved, any more suggestions to solve this problem.

CI0 and 24V =>ON need to be corrected touch EMO