Are the connections fixed in the tool?

Hi everybody,

excused me, if I do not speak correctly in English, but since 4 years I have spoken only in German, and I came from Spain, it is very hart to me to think now in English.

I am seeing in the Datasheet (Electrical side) from the UR5 Robot, and there are only 8 Pins in the wrist (tool).

• 2 Analog Input
  • 2 Digital Input
  • 2 Digital Output
  • 2 Power

For my application, I am developing a gripper for this Robot, and I need two different Power lines, and one communication pin.

"My application M12-5 plug "

• 24 V (actor)
  • GND (actor)
  • 24 V (sensor)
  • GND (sensor)
  • Communication´

But the Problem that I see, is that I don´t have these two power lines, so:

• In Control Box, there are 36 (Digital/Analog) ports, but, are there also 2 different power lines that I can use with another Connections in Control Box for my application? or are these Connections fixed?

• Can we change these connections to achieve more current in this 8 connections (tool)?

Thank you for the help

Best Regards,

Gabriel

Hi Florian

Your English works just fine!

Check out the schematic.
The tool connector pin assignments are fixed, hence:

1 = AI tool 0
2 = AI tool 1
3 = DI 1 (pnp)
4 = DI 0 (pnp)
5 = 12/24V (power, max 600 mA)
6 = DO 1 (npn)
7 = DO 2 (npn)
8 = GND

Hi, I downloaded the schematics for UR5e. In these schematics there is no pin assignment given. Is it the the same as for the UR5? Best regards, filip

The pin assignment is shown on page 19. It’s essentially the same as UR5 CB3, but with some added functionality.

https://www.universal-robots.com/download/electrical-e-series/schematic-drawings-pdf-e-series-all-robots/

Hi @filip.guicking ,

Besides the schematics for the pin assignment, you can get the function/color mapping table from the user manual.

Perfect, thank you! The color is less important to me as I only the the contact holes on the connector of the tool connector.