Wiring a 3 wire ASCO normally closed valve

Greetings,

Could anybody please point me in the proper direction for wiring in a 3 wire ASCO 24vDC normally closed solenoid valve? Do I need to have a fused terminal block between the valve and UR10e? I know polarity doesn’t matter for the two red wires. The valve will be used as an output to “turn on” compressed air to dry a tube. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Riley

Hello Rilley,

I also wonder this topic. Did you find any solution? what is maximum Watts what can be used for UR10e?

Regards,
Giorgi

Hi Giorgi,

I have not necessarily found a solution. However, I am going to wire it up with a 1A fuse.

Regarding wattage… The robot itself has a peak of 600W and usually operates around 350W.

Best,
Riley

Just stick the hot wire in a 24v terminal, the ground/0v wire in a 0v terminal, and the 3rd wire into a robot output. Not sure about the specific valve, I’d refer to its documentation for which wire is which. You saying the polarity doesn’t matter might mean it’s just looking for contact closure, in which case you’ll need to wire them to a relay and drive that from the robot output

My idea is to use 24v-0 for solenoid, between solenoid and 24v relay will be inserted. Relay will be connected to one of the digital output and when digital output is active, circuit will be closed and solenoid will work.
Hope this helps.