"Waiting for valid OnRobot Sensor ID timed out. Program halted"

Hi,
Currently, I am working with a UR10e for the Finishing Application. I used Onrobot Sanding tool and HEXQC sensor. On the first day, the sensor worked properly. However, “Sensor error: Waiting for valid OnRobot Sensor ID timed out. Program halted” popped up the next day when I tried to run a program. After researching, I thought that the reason is the conflict between different URCaps. I removed other URCaps/ However, the sensor error still popped up although I only activate the Remote TCP toolpath URCap and Onrobot URcap. It would be appreciated if you could share with me your solution.

Is there anyone using the Sanding tool without an external force/torque sensor, but using the UR force/torque sensor? What are your experiences?

Been user Ferrobotics grinding solution for a while now without any issues. You’ll have to reach out to OnRobot directly probably in order to figure out your issue.

1 Like

The OnRobot sander is designed to work specifically with the OnRobot Hex sensor, if you’re seeing this error I’d suggest updating the Hex compute box software and polyscope too if required before going back to OnRobot, as that is the first thing they will ask you to do. If that doesnt solve your issue you’ll have to contact your supplier

1 Like

Thank you, Eric. How is your experience with Ferrobotics? Are you using their Active Contact Flange Kit?

Yes we’ve been using the Active Flange Kit. It’s worked very well for us, though it is a bit on the expensive side.

1 Like

Hi Sam, thanks for your suggestion. I updated the Polyscope to the latest version (SW 5.13.0 - E-series) and the Hex Compute box to 5.17.1. However, the sensor error still popped up with the installation of Onrobot URCap and the Remote TCP toolpath URCap. When I removed the Remote TCP toolpath URCap and other URCaps , the sensor error disappeared, and the sensor works properly now.

I would raise this issue with your OnRobot supplier nonetheless, I’m sure they’d be interested to investigate the issue

The Onrobot supplier is very helpful. They advised me to shift the RTDE registers. I can use the Onrobot URCap and Remote TCP &Toolpath URCap. There is no sensor error popping up.

Thank you for your time and suggestion, Sam.

Hi Anh, Could you explain me how did you change RTDE register, please? I´ll really appreciate your help, I have the same issue.

Hi, you can try to shift RTDE with:
Bool: 0
Int: 4
Float: 9
If it does not work, what I would do is delete other URCaps and install Onrobot URCap only.
I hope it helps.

1 Like

It works. Thank you so much.