We had a relatively new UR5E have this problem earlier this week. We swapped it at the customer with one of our spares and it worked fine for a few days.
The customer called and said the problem happened again, and also happened on another robot in the same cell. No changes that I know of, both robots were running Polyscope 5.9 before the error. We upgraded both to 5.11 as part of troubleshooting with no impact.
Has anyone seen this type of problem before? I’m heading to the plant to swap sensors again, but as it’s happening on 2 different robots, makes me think it’s not a hardware failure.
Here is the application: Arnold Gauge Hole Poker Check - YouTube
This error can be the result of installing a tool with screws that are too long. They push on the sensor and damage it.
Hi Pho, thanks! That was one of the first things we checked. The screws were supplied with Robotiq Hand-E grippers and appear to be correct. We are working through a gripper swap to see if that makes any difference.
Just had this one come up now. Had a thin protective cover on the arm and apparently it was “twisted up” as reported by maintenance. Will try to include a photo when I get one.