UR10e Robotic Welder Crater Fill Movement

I have a program that I made for our robotic welder and it’s been running fine for the last two months. Today it started doing a crater fill type movement at my weld end point. I verified where I have the “End Weld” waypoint set, but when I run a simulation or weld the part, it passes my waypoint by about 0.5”, then moves back to where my waypoint is set before actually breaking the arc. This is resulting in some unwanted buildup at my crater. Any ideas what would be causing this? I couldn’t find anything in the settings on the pendant and I’m also not sure if it’s a setting on the welder unit itself.

Thank you in advance for any help!
Tim

Hi TS

You should really contact the people you bought the system from, as the “End Weld” function you are describing is not part of a standard UR robot, and must therefor be a custom implementation from the company you bought it from.

Best Regards Casper

1 Like

I ended up figuring it out the other day. I had my blend radius set too high for where my end point was. It was completing the radius I commanded, which was passing my end point, and then it was going backwards to satisfy my weld end point. All I had to do was shift my weld start and stop points and everything has been fine since.