UR Simulation TCP/IP Control

I am currently developing an external controller for the UR3e. Do accelerate development, I have installed and am currently running the UR simulation (see Universal Robots - Offline Simulator - e-Series - UR Sim for non Linux 5.9.4). I am attempting to send URScript commands to the robot (specifically movel and movej) commands over TCP/IP.

While I am able to read data from the simulated robot (over all ports and the RTDE), I am unable to send commands. The simulator log returns the following error:

C210A0: Socket is read-only when the robot is in local (Teach pendant) control

I have ensured the simulated robot is powered on, enabled remote mode, and switched the GUI to remote mode. Despite these changes the error persists. Has anyone encountered this behavior before?

Sounds very strange. Do you need to use the version 5.9.4 simulator? If not, you could try a more recent version to see if it’s just a bug in that version.

Other than that, are you sure you’re using the correct IP address for your simulator? You’re not accidentally using the IP address of your actual robot?

Determined the source of the error. When sending a single-line URScript command over TCP/IP, the command must end with the newline character, ‘\n’.