Unable to add an extra button in the toolbar menu (com.ur.urcap.examples.driver.gripper.simplegripper)

Hello,

I am new to developing a URCap. I am currently writing a new URCap taking reference from one of the sample URCap present in the SDK installation folder (com.ur.urcap.examples.driver.gripper.simplegripper). I am able to get the output with my company logo and also able to integrate the Tool digital Outputs with the buttons.
In the example, the toolbar consists of grip and release buttons. I am currently trying to add a third button to it but i am not able to get it correct. I did few alteration in the programm still, i get only the grip and release icon in the display.

Can anybody help me with it?

Thank you…

Hi @anusha.paramasivam

This is the intended behavior.
The Toolbars Grip and Release buttons are quick convenience functions, that always use default parameters.

Hi @jbm,

Thanks a lot for the reply. I get your point, I want to know how can i add another button next to Grip and Release Buttons. Will the standard programm allow us to add another button according to our requirements after editing the program or will it not because i tried few methods to add a button but it failed.

Thank you again.

Hi @anusha.paramasivam!
I am new to this too.
I would like to know if you have solved this problem, because I have the same issue.

Thank you.

Hi @falberti,
Yes , I solved it. We programmed it in Java (swing). The below link will be helpful. please refer it, I hope it helps.
https://plus.universal-robots.com/basics-of-urcap/example-of-ui-binding-swing/

thanks

Thank @anusha.paramasivam, but the link in the previous post is to the login to the developer for UR.
Could you please share the correct link?

Thank you in advance

Could you please share the correct link?

Hi,

Please refer to page of urcap-basics → choosing swing or html → example of ui binding swing → /JButton.
https://plus.universal-robots.com/urcap-basics/choosing-swing-or-html/example-of-ui-binding-swing/

Regards