'Start Program' input not playing program after Dashboard pause

Hello,

Running a UR10 e-series, fully up to date software.

I am sending a signal via socket communication in the robot program to pause the program. The robot is in remote control mode, and I have a ‘start’ push button which is assigned ‘Start Program’.

The start push button functions as expected in all other scenarios except when trying to start the program after a ‘pause’ command is sent via the dashboard server. The program does not start - it remains paused.

I would have expected the ‘start program’ action to play the program, but it only seems to do so if the program is stopped and not paused. I can’t find anything on the forums or in documentation as to why this would not play the program, so I believe it is a bug.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Dorian

On further inspection - my ‘start’ push button input is actually mapped to ‘Auto-Play & Init’, as I am using it to initialize the robot arm.

So perhaps I should recategorize this as a feature request? That this type of signal ‘Auto-Play & init’ should also play the program if it is pressed when the program is paused? Because it already plays the program if it is in a stopped state.

Dorian

Did your solution work? I am having kind of the same issue and wondering if that is the problem. I’m going to try it tomorrow.

You can go to the Installation->I/O Setup and set one of your digital outputs to “Start program” to get this functionality. The “Auto-Initialize” function is designed to only work as an initialization of the robot (in other words only the first time after a power cycle).

Thanks

Thank you,
Tim Schoeller