Seeking Tool Mounting Bracket 122039 for Old UR5 Robot

Hello everyone,

I have a very old UR5 robot and I’m missing an important part. Specifically, I’m looking for the Tool Mounting Bracket with the part number 122039.

Does anyone know where I can find this part or perhaps has one to spare? Any hints or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance from Germany!

Have you talked to the German distributor of UR? :slight_smile: They might have one lying around.

Yes, I have already tried that, but the response I received was that there have been none available since 2022.

Is this for a CB2 robot?

Yes, it is.

Is it possible to use the control board without the tool board?

Another question.
Is there a protocol description of the internal RS485 bus? I could use a microcontroller to build a kind of dummy that imitates the original circuit board.

Unfortunately CB2 went End-of-Support in June of 2022. I looked around but couldn’t find much information on it; I don’t believe you’d be able to use the control board without the tool board though.

After a long and unsuccessful search for the missing parts for my old UR5 robot, I decided to take matters into my own hands. Using a logic analyzer, I analyzed the RS485 communication of the robot. Through various assumptions and tests, I was finally able to program an STM32 microcontroller to handle the communication as a tool interface.

Additionally, I managed to integrate and process the two digital inputs and outputs of the robot. The result is a functioning solution that makes the old UR5 robot fully operational again!

2 Likes