Robot starts shaking while moving

Hello,
when the Robot is Moving in Automatic mode, it starts Shaking.

Sometimes it stops and sends an Error about Payload. I have Checked this many times but the Paylode is fine.

We use a UR10e. The weight is about 3.5 kg.

I tried updating the Robot as a measure to fix the Problem but that isn´t working eather.

Kind Regards

K.S.

Hi Kurt,

What kind of tooling and parts do you have?

we are using a Vacuumgripper,

It is holding a Metalsheet. the Vacuum is only to Sevure the Sheet on the Gripper.

Hi Kurt
How much payload information have you given the installation/robot?
If you can add information about inertia, things might be more stable.

Hello akde,
i used the Robot Wizard.
Please explain what Information i should feed to the Robot.

Best Regards

Since version 5.10.0, you are able to add even more payload information that helps the control.
See 5.10.0 for screen shots etc. at Release Notes 5.10

Hello,
i looked in to the Articel.

The Problems remain, the only diffrents now is that it also Shows the Error: wrist 1 diffiates from Path.
At the Moment I think the Main Problem lies in the Position of the Axes. But there is not much i can Change about the Position becouse I need the Max. length of the Arm

Hi Kurt,

Based on the description of the part I agree with Andreas on the inertia portion. If you can model your gripper and part in a 3D CAD software like SolidWorks you can pull the Moment of Inertia matrix from it and enter those values into the Payload screen at the bottom. The Inertia matrix was introduced in order to combat the exact issue that you’re experiencing and tends to happen more with elongated parts/tooling (like a piece of sheetmetal).

Good Morning,

i have tryed all the proposed Ideas. The Problem remains. I have tryed the Programm with only the Tool. It does not make any diffrence.

Thank you for your help this far.

Hi Kurt,

Can you share a screenshot of your CAD model and mass properties so we could take a look? Thanks!

here is the Tool we are using.

Thank you for your feedback.

Probably way off base here but you never know… How fast are you running between waypoints?

I’ve found that even when payload and COG are set correctly, if I manually slow down the robot it will shake at times. Odd that it will shake going slower, but the tech we usually have at our shop said, yes, if you slow it down it may shake a bit.

And having that much weight out at the end of reach is probably not helping. If you’re well within your speed parameters, you might just try speeding it up to see if it helps. Again, probably way off base but it’s all I got! :slight_smile:

Hmmm…okay I think your best bet would be to create a case in myUR where our tech team can debug with you further. Below is a quickstart guide to getting registered if you haven’t already, thanks!

myUR Service Support Portal Quick Guide_April_2021.pdf (1.5 MB)

Good day
you have a safety radar connected to the safety stop?

Thank you for your Reply,

the Shaking isn´t the Problem, it´s the Protektiv Stops at Random that ar causing my Problems.

Hello,
No we do not.

Hi Kurt,

Random protective stops are typically the result of one or more of the following:

1. Incorrect payload/CoG/inertia matrix.
  2. Too high accelerations in the program (we recommend a max of 2500mm/s^2 or 800 deg/s^2).
  3. Joint wear/damage.

I would again recommend reaching out to our Service team via myUR as they will be able to help you resolve the issues you are seeing.

Hello,

so i have tried to run the Programm without any Tool to see if my COG an Payload are the Problem. The Robot still has the Same Error.
And i did Change the COG and Payload when I detached the Gripper.

Hello,

So we tryed the Programm on a different Robot. The Programm Works. It´s only Logical that our Robot is the Problem.

Thank you for your help.

If you think you have a problem with the robot, please contact support at https://myur.universal-robots.com/