Robot cannot be moved via Client Interface although in Remote Mode

I tried to use Python to control the robot do a simple move. I think the connection task has been done successfully. Because i could see a grees tick and the slogan “Network is connected”. Then, when i send the URScript from my PC to the robot, the robot cannot move. And the Log told me that “Socket is read-only when the robot is in local (Teach pendant) control”. But i am pretty sure that my robot is in remote control mode, not local mode. So how could i solve this problem? Thank you so much if you could give some suggestion.

Hello @shuaimingsu

did you establish the connection, while you are in remote mode or did you switch to remote mode once the connection was established? The robot needs to be in remote mode while the connection is being established.

What Port are addressing and sending the commands over? For the porpose of moving the arm remotely with Script commands only the ports 30001 / 30002 / 30003 are suitable.

in the picture you are sharing the robot is not powered on completely. This may not be affecting the connection, but to get the robot to move, it needs to be fully powered on.

Edit: I also adjusted the thread title to something more connected to the question.

Hello. Thank you so much for your great suggestions and help.

I always establish the connection in local mode. After the connection is established, i will switch it to the remote mode. Then, i will do the connection task once again. As for the port, i have tried 30001/30002/30003. But all of them are useless. I don’t know what cause this problem. The panel and code are shown below.

Thanks again.