Remote vs Local Control

I want to disconnect my teach pendant and have total external control over the robot. I am connected to Primary Interface through a socket connection and want to be able to go back and forth between local mode and remote mode(externally). Is there a way to do that?
Once that is achieved, I would run into the problem that freedrive is not possible in remote mode, so I would not be able to send the command to go into freedrive. Is there a workaround for this issue?
Regards,
Farah

There is no way of going into remote mode externally, as far as I know. For reasons mentioned in the other thread, which you have already commented (and probably read).

You can enable freedrive by executing a script command externally, though. :slight_smile:

Hey, thank you for your response. But if the robot is starting up without a polyscope in remote control and is changed to local control through the dashboard socket connection, is there another way to go into remote control other than from the polyscope(which will not be available).

I tried to use the freedrive command but it does not work while my robot in remote mode, however, when I use the command in a program in the polyscope it works fine, so is there something that I am missing to get it to work? because the command is correct but I can only get it to work in local control mode directly from the polyscope.

As explained in the other thread, which you also commented, there is no way to go into Remote Mode through coding as of this moment. It’s a matter of safety.

It sounds weird that the command does not work remotely. I don’t know what the reason could be.