Check control mode via socket for e-series

What is the best way to check the control mode status via any of the socket connections?

As pointed out at page dashboard-server-e-series-port-29999-42728 will the dashboard socket respond with a warning if the robot is put in local control mode. So this can be used as an ugly way to check for control mode status. Are there any nicer ways?

I’m sorry for adding one additional question:
Is there another way to switch between local and remote control mode than to use the toggle button at the top right
corner, e.g. by using script code, an URCap interface,…?

Hi Artiminds, were you able to solve this issue? I’m dealing with the same problem. I think, it’s weird that UR gives the option to change from Remote Control mode to Automatic or Manual mode, but not back to Remote Control mode.

In my case, I do not have a Teach Pendant, so I have to get back to Remote Control mode programmatically or through a signal (I/O or Profinet).

Please, get in touch, if you have a hint. Thanks.

Hi,

You can monitor whether remote mode is active but you cannot change it. The reason is ISO13849. If we allowed a remote client to change the controller from local to remote mode (without doing it through the TP) this could potentially create a safety hazard for an unsuspecting user.

Attached is some urscript that will allow you to monitor. The other possibility is to do this via ProfiNet or EthernetIP via a 3rd party utility from Robot27 (product is called Connect).
socket_test_remote_mode_check.urp (2.4 KB)

Hi,

Can you explain what the use case is for switching from local to remote mode via a remote interface? It seems like once you switch to local you are most likely using the teach pendant anyhow so why not just continue using the TP to switch back to remote mode???