Pose_sub() not what I expected

Dear Forum,
i tried to understand what ‘pose_sub()’ does by that code:

pose_sub(get_actaul_TCP_pose(), get _actual_tool_flange_pose())

and expected to get the actual TCP, like it is defined in polyscope. But i failed, although it is simillar to the values that are shown in polyscope. x-value differs, y-value differs, z- value matches, rx,ry,rz matches.

Con anybody help me understand?
Thanks in advance

Maybe it’s just me that can’t wrap my head around it properly, but I don’t see how that should work?
When you’re getting TCP/flange pose it’s with regard to the Base feature. Base XYZ are not pointing in the same directions as tool XYZ.
Z might be correct due to your tool being parallel to the base Z axis.

Again, might just be me that’s not seeing it right. :slight_smile:

If you’re trying to retrieve the actual TCP, there’s a script function for that, too.

Hi efn,
thanks for Your answer. But both (get_actual_tcp_pose() and get_actual_tool_flange_pose()) are related to the base frame, so shouldn’t it work? But of cause i am wrong with something because it still not works like expected- and i am not very familiar with Robot programming.
You wrote there is a script of getting the values of actual TCP offset. How does Your way works?

Thanks!

The coordinates would have to be transformed to the tool feature first. I’m really no expert in transforming and inverting and such, so maybe someone can elaborate on the actual calculation. :slight_smile:
Here’s the built-in function, though: