Issue updating URCap API

I updated my API from 1.3.0 to 1.5.0 in order to allow for contributed TCP’s. Every method that is related to 1.5.0 works except for being able to initialize the TCPContribution model. Code with error is below

code line:
tcpContributionModel = api.getInstallationAPIProvider().getInstallationAPI().getTCPContributionModel();

“The method getInstallationAPIProvider() is undefined for the type URCapAPI”

This would make sense if I was still using API 1.3.0, however, I must have successfully updated the API because every other location where I use API 1.5.0 is compiling properly. I looked at the references and according to the API documentation it is supposed to be possible to access the InstallationAPIProvider through the URCapAPI by using the getInstallationAPIProvider() method. Does anyone know what is going on here?

Have you made sure to take all the necessary steps to allow your URCap to use the new API? you should run the .install file in the SDK folder, as well as update the POM of the relative URCap to use 1.5 rather than 1.3.
What other 1.5 specific methods are you using in your code? Also which version of polyscope are you on?

I figured this out, I properly loaded the new dependency into maven, however, the first time I tried, I did it improperly, and there was a lingering file that was pointing to the old API. Once I got that path fixed, everything works. Thanks for the response!

1 Like