IfNode in sdk, needs ability to check expression continuously as in polyscope

As an UR+ developer I would like to be able to create via the SDK an IfNode with the configuration of already being ticked/enabled on the option “check expression continuously”, just like in polyscope.

As a developer I would benefit from this feature when creating fully fledged templates, especially cases where polling of data is
a must to evaluate specific cases.

2 Likes

checking the 1.13.0 api docs, it seems this has not been implemented yet.
is there any workaround to achieve the same result? just a while loop?

This is perfectly achievable as it is. Just insert an if node with the box checked, save the program, then open the program’s .script file. You’ll see how Polyscope is generating the script here (it uses a thread) so all you have to do is make your URCap node generate similar script. You’d have to contribute your own version of an If node though, which is probably not what you’re looking for, as it wouldn’t be what the initial feature request would need either.

1 Like

thanks for the answer, eric.
i understand what you’re saying, it’s just that one of my projects requirements is to create nodes as similar to a colleague’s created robot program.
i guess i’ll just have to explain to them checking a checkbox is not doable in java.