How can i use PoseAdd() in relation to my custom feature

So im trying to move my tcp in my custom feature using poseAdd()…i cannot use poseadd() in relation to the base feature because of offset of the work table…so for example i want to use PoseAdd(waypoint1,p[0.1,0,0]) so that i make another waypoint 100mm in x direction.

Hi Patrick,

you need to use the pose_trans() function in combination with pose_inv() to transform the coordinate system first.
Try:
pos = pose_trans(pose_inv(waypoint1), p[0.1,0,0,0,0,0])
movej(pos)
the result should be relative movement in the waypoint1 coordinate system for 100mm along its X axis.

BR,
Goce

Thank you for your reply…ive tried pose_trans() but i failed to understand what the function actualy does…can you explain how your answer would work…i know you put in two parameters (pose from, pose to) but how does that tell the robot that it should move in the custom feature

Sure,

I am sorry i just realised that i made a misstake ,
pos = pose_trans(waypoint1, p[0.1,0,0,0,0,0])

should actually be:
pos = pose_trans(pose_inv(waypoint1), p[0.1,0,0,0,0,0])

What the pose_inv function does is it calculates the transformation matrix from the coordinate system of Waypoint1 to the BaseCoordinate system. Think of it like alligning the Custom Coordinate system to the Base.

But how does a program know on which feature should be used, or is waypoint1 supposed to be a feature in this solution?

Waypoint1 is actually represented by a coordinate system with 3 positional and three orientation coordinates in the Base coordinate system. That is all what is needed, you can also define it as a feature and use it in the same way in the calculation.