Hide installation view

I have an installation contribution + view + service for a functionality but I only use the contribution class and I want to hide the view part under installation tab>URCaps.

I think it’s the same as the question below.
https://forum.universal-robots.com/t/how-to-hide-the-installation-node-urcap/4683
But the only answer there is to remove the registerService from the activator class which also removes my contribution.

Thanks for your help.

Sorry for bumping up this thread but it has resurfaced and I still don’t have an answer for it.

To clarify, I want an installation contribution class to handle processes but I don’t want it to show in the installation settings tab > URCaps.

Any idea will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

As far as I know there is no way to avoid this. I would add this as a feature request if you haven’t already, as your use-case is hardly out of the ordinary. I’ve done the same thing, and wanted the same thing as you, on several small CAPs I’ve made.

Hi Francis and Eric…

I’ve been in this situation too, but I’ve found some nice ways of filling out the otherwise blank page.

1. showing a illustration of how to use the product and/or Urcap.
  2. linking to a website using a QR code. perhaps a youtube video guide or a company website.
  3. as a show room of other products you might produce
  4. a button for transferring user manuals and/or Quick guides to a USB
  5. a button for deactivating the URCap (so no URscript code from it are generated and all Deamons are clossed, this can be necessary for companies and UR integrates that want to use multiple URCaps which sometime might otherwise conflict with each other)

So While I agree that the view for an installation node should be optional, I hope that this might help you get some Ideas for good ways to make use of it, until this feature has been added.

Best Regads cg1

Agreed @cg1, those are some great options. For me at least, it’s just some CAPs I’ve written purely for myself/company to make some things easier. Not anything I’d intend on distributing. So then when we have people come in to look at what we ACTUALLY offer, they see a bunch of other things sitting in the drop-down, even though they don’t do anything.

Thank you for the great suggestions @eric.feldmann and @cg1.

I’ll look into submitting a feature request when i have free time.
In the meantime, I’ll go with cg1’s suggestion to display how-to’s.

1 Like