Edit Waypoints of palet wizard

How to edit the Approach and Tool Action Point within the paletizing wizard?

I want to move the calculatet Approach and TAP 2mm in Base Y+ direction, but only every 2nd item. I am able to programm everything of that, except the “add 2mm” command.

If I use the “add_pose” function and move the robot to the newly calculated variable pose, it moves somewhere horribly wrong in the nirvana.

If I write a script like Approach_2mm := Approach + [0,0.002,0,0,0,0] → Error
If I write something like Approach := Approach[1] + 0.002 → Error.

What is the missing thought here?

You should be able to add other waypoints to the Pallet wizard. :slight_smile: Then let it switch between two Approach waypoints and two ToolActionPoint waypoints.

I would do something like this:

Hi efn,

thanks for your quick response!

Yes, this defintely works - I did this to other applications. Works fine!

BUT:
I want the Approach_2 to to move in the same way as the Approach_1, if the Approach_1 is moved.

Why do I need this correlation?
The palletzing task has to be accurate. Therefore a lot of small position corrections are necessary. If there is a correlation between those two points (and the TAP_1 and TAP_2 as well) The correction work will be reduced in future.

To start at get a quick result, I will do as you suggested.
I hope that a solution will appear soon :slight_smile:

I just gave it a try with the pose_add, too. The robot does move very weird when doing this. There must be some sort of frame calculation, which affects the new position for some reason.

Have you thought about making your own, variable palletizing program? It’s not very difficult, and it would definitely allow you to move 2mm more on every second waypoint. :slight_smile: It also allows you more customization.
Something like below:

Then make the Moves with regard to a custom feature, which you can correct if needed.

One reason for the weird moevemnt of the robot while using the pose_add could be, that the MoveJ is executed in the “referencepoint” Koordinate system.

Yes, I have thought about writing my own palletizing program. But at this application the 4 edges are not perfectly alligned to the robot and are slightly different in their heigth. So I would have to use some sort of interpolation of the 4 edgepoints etc…

Regarding the effort writing an own palletizing program, the effort using a second Approach / TAP set is less work. :smiley:

It’s using another feature, yeah, but I still don’t get why that should affect adding 2mm to the actual waypoint. It’s not like we’re mixing it up with the Base feature or anything. :slight_smile: Maybe a little bug somewhere in the software.

Good that you’ll be able to use the two waypoints instead. :slight_smile:

I just talked to my local UR Support about this Problem:

the pose_add function calculates in the Base-Coordinate System. So the Waypoints are mixed up in the base and reference System. The add calculation has to be done using the pose_trans function. How exactly: I don’t know yet.

Universal Robots - URScript: Move with respect to a custom feature/frame (universal-robots.com)