Easy setup for different size parts

Hi

We currently ready to put our cobot onto the shop floor, the problem we are facing is that the operation will be measuring outer diameters of our bearings, we work with batches at the moment our setup is for a 42mm od and with a 12mm width

as seen in video

coding

it measures a part on a gauge and codes it then puts its it in the corresponding code tray.

What we trying to do is make it quicker to setup for different size parts when they get put on production.

because we have parts that may have 2 codes needing 2 trays or parts that have 8 codes that need 8 trays.

plus the output trays pallet pattern will be different depending on size of the parts.

1 Like

Don’t have enough info regarding the variables you will encounter with the different bearings so i’m just kind of guessing… Is it possible to set up the program with the max number of codes you will need (including pick and place pallets)?

That way, if a batch of parts only has 2 codes it can just ignore the unused codes/pallets. If it has 8 codes the pallets are already defined.

Ok our variables will be outer diameter and width of parts, and how many codes(trays used) for the particular part.

For example our biggest ring is 120mm diameter and 15mm wide and the part has 8 codes so will require all 8 trays, and in each tray we can fit 15 parts 3 layers of 5 parts.

The job we are currently setup up for trialling the operation before going onto the shop floor, the parts are 42mm in diameter and 12 mm in width.
can fit 48 parts in a layer and can be stacked at 3 layers
and has 3 codes(trays)

as we place parts onto a measuring gauge we can easily adjust that part of the program when different parts arrive at the station.

Its the output trays that’s going to take ages to setup for each different size parts, and trying to easily setup up the trays.
and trying to find a solution in ways of speeding that part of the programming up

I like the Idea of Fuknrekd …

Is it an option to pre-program all the configurations and set it under a switch.
Then when you need to change you can easily change the switch numbers.
Inside the switch the program refers to the plane of the box. So each box has it own plane.
Each ring has it own sub program with the variables of the diameter and width.
The palatize option calculated how you need to stack the product

So program runs like if: “diameter” = “120” and “width” = “15” and “code”= “V” set switch number to 15.
Switch number 15 contains the information: “plane” = “plane tray 5” and “box” = “Tray 5” and call sub program “120,15,V”
Dimensions Tray 5 =400x500x200 (wxdxh)
400/120 =3
500/120= 4
200/15= 13

So program knows stacking in 4 rows, 3 columns and 13 high relative to “plane tray 5”
So maybe sometimes you only use 3 switch numbers but you can easily use more or less.

1 Like

ok ive set a 1 pallet(tray) to a feature plane 1, is there a way then I can offset the feature plane for the 7 other trays

video here of our trial but the parts only have 3 codes so only 3 output trays required.

The program running in the video is coding 171 parts parts dimensions are 42mm o/d 37mm i/d and 12 mm width,

but like i’ve said this will be coding various size parts depending on what get pushed to the coding area within our firm, so we will need to be able to set up the output trays according to the size and codes. And when i mean by codes some jobs will have 2 codes so two trays be needed, some jobs have 3 or 4 codes so need equivalent amount of trays and one job has 8 codes

1 Like

Sorted, what I have done is define all the trays as planes, and all I do know is set one tray with the the palletising template and set the pallet properties feature to the plane of tray 1 then i copy and paste the the palletising template and just change the plane relevance to the corresponding tray.

The example in the picture was a direct copy from tray 1 palletising template where I just changed pallet properties feature to point it at the scrap tray