Detecting if robot is in freedrive

Greetings URCommunity,
I would like to know whether it is possible to know remotely (Dashboard, Primary Interface, etc) if the robot is in freedrive mode or not. I am sending the freedrive_mode() script but have no way of knowing if the robot is on freedrive or not. There’s also the possibility of having a physical button connected to the tool digital input 0. I have skimmed through the Primary Client Interface and apparently there’s no way of getting feedback from these inputs. If it was possible, I could know whether freedrive was enabled or not through the input status.
Any help is much appreciated
Best regards
PM

More than detecting if it’s in freedrive, I would like to be able to get feedback from the digital inputs and outputs of the tool. I am using the Primary Client Interface to get feedback from the standard and configurable digital inputs and outputs

Hi @PMonforte,

Have a look at communicating with the RTDE Client, I know you can fetch IO data from there, and you can also fetch “robot_mode” which may return an indication of freedrive mode.

You should be able to find several example implementations throughout the forum :slight_smile:

Hope this helps.
Sam

Hi Sam
Thank you very much for your reply. I have never been able to use the RTDE client with C# nor have I seen examples of RTDE in any language other than Python. Is there any compatibility issue?
Any help would be much appreciated
Best regards
PM