Custom Waypoint-like node in URCaps

In my URCaps application, I want to create a custom Program node that acts like a Waypoint. The only difference is that my custom waypoint node will be applying some pre-determined transformation to that waypoint.

The only solution I’ve been able to come up with is to create a program node that does both the transformation and the move command (via the generated script) at once. But is there a way to make the node callable by the Move, or perhaps subclass a waypoint?

The structure could look like this (where UR waypoints and my custom waypoints are intermingled):
customwaypoint

Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thank you.

1 Like

Another thought is that if I can get the movement type of the parent Move node, then I can have my custom waypoint insert the corresponding script. Is there a way to do this perhaps?

Hi Paul

Have you found a solution for this problem, I need to do exacly the same on my project.

Chris

@ chris.briedenhann

No. I ended up just doing what I mentioned in the first post and have my own Waypoint-like program node that does both the movement and the waypoint in one. So it might look like this

Robot Program
  MoveJ
    UR_Waypoint
  URCapCustomMoveNode
  MoveJ
    UR_Waypoint2

Thanks, that is exactly what I am trying to do.

Did you do a custom node or are you using a script function generated by a URCap to
do the motion in, not sure which way is the best.

Another question is if I add multiple custom MoveNodes, will it be able to do rounding.

I made a custom node whose contribution’s GenerateScript function essentially inserts a movej, movel, or movep UR script command based on a user selection. If using a movep, it’s a bit more complicated (I think you need move nodes adjacent, not sure off the top of my head), but that will achieve the rounding you mention.

So at least I am on the right track.

I will definitely have more questions but thank for the guidance.