Client Interface Remote Control cannot Start Program

Currently i got a UR5e robot setup. I use python3 sockets to connect to the port 30001 (the Primary Client Interface) to receive data from the robot. I use this same connection to send UR script such as ‘set_digital_out(1, True)’ to the robot. For running these scripts the robot requires to be in Remote Control Mode which stops me from manually enabling my program.

Now i have searched the internet for hours and i can find the documentation on the data that you receive, but not anything about the URScript you are required to send in Remote Control mode to Primary Interface to Start or Stop the loaded program. Is it that you need another connection to start the program? Or does anyone know the documentation that states the data i can send to this interface to start the loaded program and stop it?

I prefer not to need to change over to RTDE because of how the current infrastructure of the project is setup, and to alter this would take more resources then currently available. Thanks in advance!

I haven’t worked a lot with the primary interface, but I might know of a workaround.

You should be able to set the General Purpose boolean registers through the interface, if I’m not mistaken. If you then access the Installation in the robot and I/O Setup, you will be able to map an action to the GP bool inputs such as Start Program, Stop and Pause.

Will this work for you? :slight_smile: