Bridging 24V from two UR10e Robots

Hello,

i have the following setup: Two UR10e Robots in the same safety area with a fence with 2 doors around. Now i want 2 Emergancy Stop buttons and 3 Safeguard reset Buttons.

I saw that u can connect the two Robots so when one gets a emergency Stop, both will stop. But the Problem is in my setup that sometimes only one Robot is powered on so thats not a solution.

My idea is to bridge the +24V from the emergancy stop clamp from UR10e Nr. 1 with the +24V from UR10e Nr. 2 and bridge again on the 11 contact from the emergancy stop. The same with the second Channel.
Than with the 12 contact from the Emergancy stop → bridge to the emergancy input from UR10e Nr.1 and Bridge again with UR10e Nr. 2.

The same with the Reset buttons.

i Would bridge the 0V from UR10e Nr. 1 with UR10 Nr. 2.

The Question is, is this a working solution?

Is it ok to bridge the 24V from UR10e Nr. 1 with the 24V from UR10e Nr. 2? Or is there a technical fault so i would crash my 24V clamps :D?

Thanks for your help!!

It’s not a good idea to connect two 24V supplies in parallel, if they’re not designed for it. I doubt the internal supply is built for this in the UR. :slight_smile:
I would use a single external 24V supply instead. This you can connect to both robots’ 24V and 0V inputs (remove the bridge between PWR → 24V and GND → 0V).