Universal Robots Forum

View installation with operational mode controlled by IO

Hi I have an installation file in which I need to see the configuration of the TCP, float registers, bool registers, etc. Right now I don’t have a robot to load the file and I am trying to open it with the simulator. The problem is that the installation file is set to operational mode controlled by Safety_IO and I can’t switch to manual mode. I have tried to change the operational mode with the dashboard command “set operational mode manual” but it is not working.

Is there any way to see the installation configuration?

Have you had any luck figuring a work around to this problem?

I have had a similar issue that I posted about a few days prior to yours (see link below). As no one is answering I have reached out directly to UR Robots to try and get assistance.

Effectively it seems the simulator is locked up if it is set to be controlled by Safety_IO.

Hi Peter, I haven’t figured out any way to unlock it.
In my case I just needed to know the position of a BoolRegister, this can be done by opening the .script file of the program. Every time a variable is used it is translated this way:
signal

it would be great if you get an answer for this problem.

P.S.: Sorry I didn’t find your topic before opening mine.

When you start Polyscope it always loads default.installation first. If you have a backup copy of default.installation that does not have the safety input configured to switch operationla mode then you can copy that backup installation file over the current used one BEFORE you start Polyscope.