Using Electromagnet, How do I know if the part is picked up or not?

The application of the robot is to pick up small (metal) parts. How do I know if the part is picked up or not?

Are the parts at least large enough to impact the payload reading? If you use the script command “zero_ftsensor()” prior to picking it up, then call “force()” you may see something high enough to indicate a part is attached to the flange that was not there prior to picking. Just an idea.

@eric.feldmann
No, the parts are small, 20-50 grams … it will not impact the payload

This magnetic gripper has a build in ring that will detect the part:

/Henning

Nice collection keep up the good work.

hi Eric. I have a large enough part/bag that has nearly 2 Kg weight, yet I am struggling to get a repeatable read using the force() function. I close the Robotiq gripper and measure a 0.30-0.70 thickness when I close. Based on this I go away with the part. But I have the issue of having the bag slipping through the gripper and wanted to use force(), to constantly monitor if I have weight in the gripper, so I can stop when I loose it. No success.

Are you using the zero_ftsensor() script command prior to picking? You should be able to utilize the force() feedback like you’re suggesting, however you may be better off remedying the actual cause: the bag/part slipping. Modifying the gripper in such a way as to eliminate this problem would in turn solve your “unable to read force()” problem, since it really shouldn’t be necessary.