Ur10 c4a0 error

Hopefully, we may find a joint expert (or archeologist/historian) to assist in recovering this joint.

Problem: elbow joint 2 replaced with cb2+ joint after failure. New joint presents a c4a0 broken communication alarm.

The joint was new, years ago, but operation of the joint was never obtained. It is possible that the incorrect firmware was accidentally loaded, never worked, and the robot was put back on the shelf for a few years.

Since then, I’ve gone through the newest service manual in detail. Polyscope was incrementally upgraded to the newest available version, 1.8.25319. connections have all been checked and permutations attempted. Joint has been isolated and ID check made in case of overlap, via command line instructions in service manual.

The joint will not respond, only giving the broken communication C4A0 alarm. Log file should be in the link with pictures etc.

We’ve even tried going through a modbus state poller to see extra info.

What I’ve not found is a method to communicate directly with the joint via modbus, nor a method of wiping the firmware or unlocking the joint.

When loading firmware, the joint driver board flashes green rapidly, and the encoder board flashes green, until it flashes yellow. It seems to go through this routine three times before faulting out. Sometimes it will give an outflow buffer error.

All other joints may be moved in low level control.

Link to pictures, all support material found: Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

Please, if you have ideas, please let me know.

Dave

Curious if anyone has similar issues.

Bump for one last time. If no suggestions then I will part out to sell components. Joints, controller, etc. Has CB2 mboard.

Also, interesting project. I’ve found the model online, and since one of the joint caps are broken, 3d printing a replacement cap. Interesting exercise in 3d printed part shrinkage.