Too much force?

Hello,

Im using Force mode to deburr some holes. I’ve applied a kind of drill to the flange and I go into force mode with the force set to 75N (too high maybe?). I use a directional move to go straight to the hole, drill and go backwards, but it measures force up to 250/300N and goes into error.

Should i be using less force? is it even a good idea to use force mode with something like a drill which moves and makes the force measuring unstable.

any help appreciated

Can you upload a screenshot of your program sequence?

I haven’t done drilling myself, but I can’t image it shouldn’t work. :slight_smile:
Maybe you’re need a zero_ftsensor() before you start Force mode.

its programmed in polyscope, and very simple.

MoveL
-Force 75N Z direction
-directional move, Z-
-until 7mm
-wait 0.25s

directional move, Z+
untill 7mm

maybe im using it the wrong way or something but i have no clue why its applying so much force that it goes into error

Try removing the Direction/move in Z-. If the Force is also moving the robot i Z-, it might cause issues.

Also take a screenshot of the program. It tells a lot more about your structure. :slight_smile: And highlight the Force command in the screenshot.

the program is only on the TP, I don’t really work with PC so I cannot screenshot as far as I know. and does force in Z- direction automatically move the TCP in that direction until it hits the force? I did not know that. I’ll change that and try some more

You can take a picture with a phone. :slight_smile:

Force in Z direction will move the robot in the Z direction, yes.

It may be that the drill is binding at some point and you’re seeing a massive wrenching force on the wrist joint, not necessarily a large force parallel to the direction of motion.